Complaints Procedure

If you have a general query or wish to provide general feedback (negative or positive) on our services, please email us on
If we haven’t been able to resolve your query to a satisfactory level we invite you to follow our complaint procedure below.

Simarc Property Management Limited is committed to providing all leaseholders with the highest standards of service. We will do our best to ensure that any complaint is dealt with in a fair and reasonable manner.

Step 1:

In order for us to deal with your complaint efficiently, we ask that you set out your complaint in full and send it to us, together with any supporting evidence, either:
by post to:

Simarc Property Management Limited
Building 4 Imperial Place
Elstree Way

or by email to:

We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 working days and provide a full response within 15 working days. If this will not be possible for any reason, we will let you know and confirm when we expect to be able to provide you with a response. We may also ask you for further clarification of your complaint.

Step 2:

If, following our response, the matter is still not resolved to your satisfaction you may escalate your complaint by writing to the Head of Department at the following address:

Head of Department
Simarc Property Management Limited
Building 4 Imperial Place
Elstree Way

You should ensure that you provide:
• full details of your complaint;
• confirmation of how you would like to resolve the matter; and
• any copy correspondence required for the Head of Department to investigate your complaint fully.

The Head of Department will investigate the issue(s) you have raised. This may involve the Head of Department entering into additional correspondence with you if further information is required. The Head of Department will aim to write to you to confirm our full and final position on your complaint, together with reasons in writing, within 15 working days. If this will not be possible for any reason, we will update you within this timeframe.

The Head of Department’s decision is final and there is no further right of appeal to us and this will be made clear in our final view point letter.

Please note that all correspondence will be processed, stored and retained in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you have exhausted our complaints procedure but remain unhappy with our response, you may have the right to refer the matter to the First-tier Tribunal, as detailed on the back of our ground rent demands or alternatively The Property Ombudsman.

Where you seek a determination or order from the First-tier Tribunal, you will have to pay an application fee and, where the matter proceeds to an oral hearing, a hearing fee, unless you qualify for fee remission or exemption. Making such an application may incur additional costs, such as professional fees, for which you may be liable.

The First-tier Tribunal and the Upper Tribunal (in determining an appeal against a decision of the First-tier Tribunal) have the power to award costs in accordance with section 29 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007.

Your lease may give your landlord a right of re-entry or forfeiture where you have failed to pay charges which are properly due under the lease. However, to exercise this right, the landlord must meet all applicable legal requirements and obtain a court order. A court order will only be granted if you have admitted you are liable to pay the amount or it is finally determined by a court, a tribunal or by arbitration that the amount is due. The court has a wide discretion in granting such an order and it will take into account all the circumstances of the case.

To contact the First-tier Tribunal please refer to their website
Alternatively you can refer the matter to The Property Ombudsman as follows: –

The Property Ombudsman
Milford House
43-55 Milford Street
Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP

Consumer Enquiries telephone: 01722 333 306

If you require a copy of the Consumer Guidelines, these can be downloaded from The Property Ombudsman website or alternatively we can send you a copy in the post on request.
Please note that you have a period of 12 months from the date of your initial complaint to refer this to the Property Ombudsman.